Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What I’m Reading: Coming Home to Eat




My newest reading venture is a book called “Coming Home to Eat” By Gary Paul Nabhan. It appealed to me because it talks about the issues or eating locally. The author explains his year long mission to eat only foods grown, fished, or gathered within two hundreg miles of his home. Since after working with sustainable, organic, and local produce in the restaurant, I have become more aware of the importance of practicing these guidelines. My roommates and I try to adhere by the 250 mile rule for produce. Most of our produce comes from our garden or from Maryland, Virginia, or Pennsylvania. Anything outside of that for say cheese, come from New York.

I ust started the book but if you have any other book suggestions feel free to comment some on this site!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also check out the book
"Plenty: One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally"
by Alisa Smith (Author), J.B. Mackinnon (Author)

September 11, 2007 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

thanks for the tip....headed to the bookstore today in search!

September 11, 2007 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home