Thursday, September 13, 2007

Food for Thought

Working in fine dining has exposed me to a lot of things, in regard to the industry and to the social responsibility that I have with cooking food for people and myself. Fine dining is, when it comes down to it, just food. It's pretty and it's delicate but it's still just food. I think that my time in fine dining has made me appreciate food more for the role it plays in my life.... in making me be able to get up everyday and go to work, earn a living, see, breathe, hear, feel, touch, and taste the things I want to...it's a source of energy and power.

It's easy to get caught up in the mirage of fine dining and the lifestyle and hype of restaurants and chefs. Terrines, soufflés, roasted pork bellies, and crème brulee should get their recognition (they can be a pain to make), as long as at the end of the day, we realize that it's just some eggs, sugar, and cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home