Monday, October 8, 2007

For a good time....go cake tasting

I recently had to review a popular bakery in my town. The owner also happens to be famous; he has his own show on the food network. So I jumped to try and share the experience with anyone who loves cake. I gathered six of my closest friends and invited them over for a cake tasting.

Tasting should be fun and serious. They should have an audience with decent palates and a keen eye for good food. I think 40% of my panel met the requirements.

But all aside, we sat down at our table with glasses of milk and water and one by one reviewed the slice of cake laid in front of us. At first it was going well. They thought about their answers and wrote them down on the scorecard. But slice-by-slice the high viscosity of the cake began to alter their personalities in such a way that...well...their opinions were no longer just on the scorecard. Mty favorite comments were " Frosting yay; cake boooo", "kill who ever made this", and " I think it was actually alright but I already feel like vomiting"

Over all the cakes were not positively viewed and needless to say, these six people will not be returning to this bakery ever again. Who thought cake could be so bad?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home