Friday, November 9, 2007

Perfectly Seasoned

If there is one thing I am really proud of in my culinary journey thus far it is my palate's growth in tolerating sodium.

Salt and pepper. Two little ground up ingredients are imperative to bringing out the best taste of a food. Salt in particulate has been used on food to preserve it and increase its flavor since the days of, well, a long time ago. Its place in the culinary world is just as important as knives are for cutting.

Both chefs I have worked for in restaurants and in my culinary school, stressed the importance of adding salt, adding salt, and adding more salt. The more I learn about food the more I know that salt will always be needed; and a lot of it. And now, a little more than two years later, I think I am finally getting to a level of understanding that limit of sodium. Understating just how much and how little, the perfect balance, it takes to make food it’s very best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home